Digital Media and Society
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a subject belonging to the field of communication and media studies, digital media or cultural studies, or an equivalent course of studies.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
You can apply if you have at least 150 CP.
Sound knowledge in the field of communication and media studies methods in the field of communicator/journalism/content research, or research on media use/appropriation/reception.
A minimum grade of 2.3 (German university grading system) as the overall grade of the previous degree or the average grade achieved at the time of application (min. 150 CP).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least C.
Specification: Listening/Reading: 945; Speaking: 180; Writing: 180.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- A bachelor’s degree or a university degree (see previous degree field).
- A minimum grade of 2.3 (see GPA comment).
- English language skills corresponding to at least level C1 (see language requirements).
- A letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) stating reasons why you wish to be admitted to the master’s program Digital Media and Society.
For more information please check theCourse Website