University of the Arts Bremen
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g. digital media, interaction design, computer science, media design).
You can apply for this master’s program if this qualifying degree is underway but will be issued before October 1st of the present year and if you provide proof of having accomplished at least 150 ECTS credits in that course.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least C.
Specification: Listening/Reading 945; Speaking 200; Writing 200.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Do not send paper originals of certificates. Try to not send non-digital artwork via postal mail; use digital replicas instead.
Documents required for the application:
- Letter of motivation.
- Curriculum vitae: please write a compact resume, no lengthy curriculum vitae (CV). You might create and design your own format for it (a pdf file is recommended), or use the European Union’s official Europass CV creator. The primary purpose of the resume is to allow the university to get an overview of your former education as well as your academic and/or professional career. Be clear and do not omit relevant items such as projects, but keep it brief. One page will usually suffice.
- Certificate of an accepted bachelor’s degree or equivalent (including the transcript of records). To verify if your former degree(s) qualify you for the entry to the master’s program, the university relies on the official German database called Anabin. If your former degree cannot be found there, the university will contact the German Central Office for Foreign Education. Note that in rare cases the title B.Sc. or B.A. alone does not warrant admission; in particular, a two-year bachelor’s degree will not suffice. Please do not forget to add information about your former program of study (such as a web address). The applicant registration system has an optional section in which you can upload certificates about additional degrees and/or professional experience. Though not required, these documents can give you a bonus.
- English language certificate (see language requirements). To warrant the timely arrival of your language certificate, upload a scan of the certificate into the application system. Later, you will be asked to present the original or an attested copy.
- Portfolio: the portfolio should illustrate previous artistic, design, academic and professional work, and achievements. The choice of formats is free as long as it suits the purpose. There is also no definite number of works to be included, although a number of 10 – 20 works has proven to suffice. The portfolio can be uploaded to the online application system (for example as PDF or as a link to a website) or the portfolio can be sent in via postal service.
For more information please check theCourse Website