Distributed Systems Engineering
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
The proof of special specialist knowledge in the fields of Practical, Theoretical and Applied computer science shall be provided by an aptitude test or if necessary by an aptitude interview.
If at the time of application, proof of the first degree qualifying the applicant for a profession is not yet available, the application will be considered under the precondition that 80% of the credit points attainable for the degree have already been achieved based on completed module examinations or the final thesis and the colloquium (if applicable). A certification from the awarding institute of higher education (examination office) serves as proof of the above-mentioned academic achievements.
Transcripts of records indicating "very good" (based on scored marks and/or grades) achievements in the following computer science-related areas: Operating Systems, Networks and Distributed Systems, Database Systems, Software Engineering, and at least "good" (based on scored marks and/or grades) achievements in subjects like Algorithms and Data Structures, Foundations of Programming, Computer Architecture as well as Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science. Your transcript must show a strong emphasis on these areas, i.e., you must have taken the majority of the corresponding courses during your bachelor's.
Additionally, you are expected to have some programming skills. Therefore, labs or assessments during your studies, internships, work experience as well as (open-source) projects and contributions to such or software which you have verifiably developed or contributed to are counted.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
- (Signed) application form.
- (Signed) aptitude assessment form.
- Passport or identity card.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in tabular format.
- Statement of purpose regarding your goals, intentions, etc. (letter of motivation).
- Your degree certificate(s) or a certificate from the home university about the expected end of your studies.
- Reports on university examinations (transcripts).
- Secondary school graduation certificate (high school diploma) or higher education entrance qualification including transcripts.
- Module or course descriptions of courses relevant to Distributed Systems Engineering (if your university doesn't provide module or course description please provide a course outline yourself).
- English language certificate (see language requirements).
- Chinese, Mongolian and Vietnamese applicants: (original) APS certificate from the Academic Evaluation Centre of the German Embassy.
Additionally, you may provide the following documents:
- Letters of recommendation of professors, supervisors, etc. related to the area of Systems Engineering (original letters including a [perhaps digital] signature).
- Any proof concerning work experience, internships, or other activities related to Distributed Systems Engineering.
For more information please check theCourse Website