Double Degree Programme in Sociology
- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- The University of Bamberg does not charge tuition fees. Tilburg University charges tuition fees that currently amount to 2,060 Euros per year, which students have to pay during the second year.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, e.g. the field of sociology, social sciences, or humanities, with a minimum of 30 ECTS accumulated in sociology, of which at least 10 credits are connected to sociological fundamentals and 10 credits are connected to methods of quantitative empirical social research or statistics. You must also be sufficiently conversant in the social sciences, and possess adequate knowledge of social science statistics and research methods.
A grade point average of at least 2.5 on the German grading scale or equivalent.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least 6.0 in each area.
Specification: All grades.
Specification: With grades A, B or C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
Applicants have to hand in the following documents:
- A certified copy of the upper secondary school certificate or higher education entrance qualification (in German or English).
- A certified copy of the bachelor’s certificate (English translation), including a transcript of records.
- A certified copy of a certificate documenting English language proficiency as stated above.
- A curriculum vitae (in English).
- A 1-2-pages motivation letter (written in English) describing why one would like to take part in the double degree program.
- A simple copy of the passport or identity card.
For more information please check theCourse Website