Double MA Degree in Political Science
- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- The University of Bamberg doesn't charge tuition fees. The University of Essex charges the amount of £ 6,200 for UK/EU and £ 15,450 for non-EU students.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in political science or another congenial program in the social sciences with:
- A minimum of 70 ECTS credits accumulated in classes with a political science background or empirical methods (methods component maximal 20 of the 70 ECTS) and at least an average mark of 2.5 for their degree classification, or
- A minimum of 90 ECTS credits in classes with a political science background or empirical methods (methods component maximal 20 of the 90 ECTS) and a minimum grade point average of 3.0 for their overall degree classification (according to the regulations of Bamberg’s MA in Political Science).
If you are unsure, whether your ECTS credits can be counted as being acquired in classes with a political science background, you should nevertheless apply. Courses in sociology, philosophy, economics or similar disciplines may also be included, if relevant to political science.
At least an average mark of 3.0 for their degree classification.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: 176 overall, with at least 162 in each area.
Specification: With at least 5.5 in each area.
Specification: With minimum component scores of: 17 (Listening), 18 (Reading), 17 (Writing) and 20 (Speaking).
Specification: With at least 51 in each area.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Candidates wishing to enter the double master's program will be expected to submit specific documents, among others these include:
- A letter of motivation written in English.
- A CV written in English.
- For candidates whose first language is not English, evidence of their English speaking and writing abilities (see language requirements).
- Two references, typically from professors with personal knowledge of the applicant.
For more information please check theCourse Website