Double Master's Programme in Economics
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- Students are exempt from paying tuition fees at Keio University during their second year.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with:
- At least 18 ECTS in economics, at least 48 ECTS in further economics, business administration, and/or social sciences, and at least 15 ECTS in statistics and/or mathematics, OR
- At least 40 ECTS in mathematics.
The overall grade must be equivalent to at least 2.7 (German grading system) in the bachelor's degree.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With grades A, B or C.
Specification: With grades A, B, C or level C1.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Documents required for the Master Application Portal:
- Bachelor's degree certificate: if you have not finished your bachelor studies but have passed at least 80% of the required credits (at least 144 credits in a bachelor degree carrying 180 ECTS credits), you can apply by submitting a confirmation of all credits earned so far, along with a provisional average grade computed and certified by your examination office. Please note that the remaining credits must be earned by September 30 at the latest.
- Transcript of records stamped and signed.
- Transcript of a semester abroad: if examinations passed abroad should be considered for meeting the admission criteria, the courses have to be recognized by your home university as part of your bachelor's program. Courses must be recorded in your transcript of records.
- University entrance qualification eg school leaving certificates/A-level/Abitur.
- An official description of the content of all taken bachelor courses/lectures eg course catalog/module catalog or PDF-file with link to course descriptions on the university's website.
- CV in English.
- Letter of motivation in English, explaining your reasons for applying for the double master's program (approximately 500 words).
- Letters of reference for internships and employment (wherever possible), which you would like to have considered in the assessment of your application.
- Admission test result: GMAT, GRE, or TM-WiSo (not mandatory but highly recommended). The university will accept the Online GMAT (available from mid-April) or the GRE® General Test at Home. Students registered for the TM-Wiso or TM-Base exams should check the website for more information.
- Proof of sufficient English language skills (see language requirements).
Students, who did not obtain their bachelor's degree in Germany, must also apply via uni-assist. This application must be completed both online and by hand and send the following documents by post:
- Authenticated (and translated) copy of bachelor's degree certification or attestation of 80% studies (and transcript of records).
- Authenticated (and translated) copy of university entrance qualification (eg A-level / Abitur).
- Authenticated copy of proof of English language proficiency (see language requirements). The language test via uni-assist for students who cannot provide this by the deadline has been suspended. Now you do not have to present a certified language certificate to uni-assist. Should uni-assist have evaluated you negatively due to a lack of language skills or the wrong form of the language certificate, your application will automatically be re-evaluated.
- Applicants with Chinese (except Hong Kong), Mongolian or Vietnamese bachelor's certificates must also submit an original APS certificate. Certified copies cannot be accepted.
Documents must be in English or German. Documents in other languages will need to be translated.
For more information please check theCourse Website