Economic Geography - Double Degree Track
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- Tuition Fees of Universität Groningen: approx. 1,100 € per semester (for EU/EEA citizens), for Non-EU-citizens approx. 8,100 € per semester (occurs only in semester 3 and 4).
Bachelor's degree in Geography or a subject-related degree program. Bachelor's degree programs in business administration, economics, political science and social science can be regarded as subject-related. For other degree programs, a case-bycase examination is carried out. The decisive criterion is whether issues relevant to economic geography were an essential part of the course of study in the specific case. You have the opportunity to explain this in an informal cover letter (1-2 pages).
If you do not yet have a bachelor's degree, you must provide proof of at least 150 ECTS credits by the application deadline (15th of July). In addition, you must provide evidence of a certain amount of economic geography or economic science content as well as statistics.
At the time of application, you need:
- 10 ECTS credits that can be assigned to economic sciences; this includes, among others, the basics of business administration and the basics of economics*.
- 5 ECTS credits that can be assigned to statistics; these include descriptive, inferential and explorative statistics.
- In addition, there must be at least 30 ECTS in economic geography (this includes, among others, fundamentals of economic geography, economic geographic theories, spatial economic policy, applied topics of economic geography), economic sciences and statistics (together).
* In the minor subject "economic sciences", the choice of a subject area oriented towards business administration is only possible if at least 5 ECTS business administration are available. The choice of an economics-oriented subject area is only possible if at least 5 ECTS credits in economics are available.
There is no minimum grade/entry grade for the master's application. Notwithstanding the currently valid admission regulations for master's programs, the minimum grade of 2.5 is no longer applied.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
For more information please check theCourse Website