- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
At least 22 credits (ECTS) must have been completed in economics, 6 credits in mathematics, and 6 credits in statistics.
Alternatively, graduates from economics geography can gain admission to the program if they meet the general academic requirements. Such admission, however, will only be valid for the specialization "Regional Dynamics" as part of an individual study curriculum.
The final grade (CGPA) of such a degree must at least be GOOD (German system: 2.5); alternatively, applicants with undergraduate degrees must be among the top 65% of their class (ECTS-grades A,B,C).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Registration form: Once you finish an online application, this document will be generated under the filename "Application for admission at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena to the master's program". You need to print out this document, sign it, scan it, and send it as a PDF file of good quality within the application timeframe to the Master Service Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CV: Your CV should have a tabular form, containing key information on your school record and academic career.
- Motivation letter: A motivation letter should not exceed the size of two DIN A4-pages and normally, it should contain information on your motivation for taking up this course of studies. You should elaborate on the following essential questions:
- Why do you desire to take up this specific course of study?
- What are - in your opinion - the main features that this course of studies excels in?
- Which features of this course have inspired your application?
- Why Jena?
- University entrance qualification certificate: Please upload at the online application system your university entrance certificate/school leaving certificate. Usually, this means the school graduation diploma (German "Abitur"), i.e. the diploma that makes you eligible for studies at a university or other institution for higher education. Be mindful of the fact that the university does not need any university diploma but a high school diploma.
- Previous university degrees earned: All previous university degrees (Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, etc.) if available before the application deadline - if not, please make a note of the anticipated date of issue of your degree certificate. Please upload your university degree or the most actual, detailed transcript of records/mark sheet of all semesters available to you, should you not hold your degree certificate at the time of application. The main document is the degree/ transcript based on which you apply for the master's program.
- A detailed transcript of records: Detailed transcript of records/mark sheet of your first, subject-specific university degree, with which you apply for the master's program. This transcript MUST contain an overall cumulative grade point average or average mark.
- Proof of relevant work experience: Should you have obtained subject-specific work experience, you can upload corresponding certificates in order to support your application.
- Proof of subject-specific practical experience: Should you have obtained subject-specific practical experience (e.g. by internships, etc), you can upload corresponding certificates in order to support your application.
- Proof of English language proficiency: see language requirements.
- Proof of achievements during your previous study program and choice of specialization: In this specific document, please fill in all modules/exams taken in the fields of economics, mathematics, and statistics.
Additional application documents for international students:
- Translation of foreign/external application documents: Every mandatory application document from foreign/external countries must also be available in either English OR German translation. Such a translation has to be conducted by officially acknowledged/sworn translators or translation offices.
- Proof of grading system: External/foreign degree certificates/transcripts of records must contain information on the grading system used at the respective university.
- Certificate APS: Applicants with degrees from Mongolia, Vietnam, or China must submit the original APS-certificate issued by the German Embassy.
- University entrance exam: Applicants from the following countries must submit a certificate of their university entrance examination/college entrance examination:
- Iran (College entrance examination certificate or certificate of pre-university course/year).
- Republic of Korea/South Korea: SAT (Scholastic Ability Test).
- People's Republic of China: College entrance examination certificate ("Gaokao").
For more information please check theCourse Website