- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in economics or a course with an economics subject of at least 50%. In the natural sciences courses in mathematics, physics, computer science, and statistics, a minor in the economics of 35 ECTS points must be proven.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
If the bachelor's degree has not yet been obtained by the end of the application period, a provisional certificate from the university of the achievements made up to that point is sufficient. If admission to the master’s degree in economics is granted, this is subject to the proviso that proof of the bachelor’s degree and related requirements are provided at the time of enrollment (conditional admission). The conditional admission expires if a proof is not provided at the time of enrollment.
The average or final grade of the first university degree on which the application is based must be at least 2.5. Applicants with an average grade below 2.5 will not be admitted. Waiting semester, internships, prices, etc. are not taken into account in admission. Only the average or final grade of the first university degree on which the application is based is decisive.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
For international applicants with an international bachelor's degree:
Please hand in the following documents:
- Printout of the application form for admission.
- A certified copy of university entrance qualification (e.g. A levels, matriculation certificate, high school diploma etc.).
- Foreign documents of international applicants must be submitted in officially certified copies of the original with a translation in English or German.
- Certified copies of university transcripts.
- If the degree certificate is not available by the end of the application period a provisional transcript from your university with your results to date will be enough, with a certification (by the examination office) that the degree will be completed by the beginning of the semester for which the admission is being requested.
- If it is a foreign university transcript, it must be accompanied by a statement explaining the grading system used at that university which will enable the necessary conversion to the equivalent German grade. The statement must indicate the maximum and minimum grades in that system.
- (*) A letter of motivation relating your Bachelor’s program with the M.Sc. Economics.
- (*) A current CV.
Documents marked (*) are specific to the M.Sc. Economics program application. Please also refer to the list of required documents by the International Office at the course page.
Do not hand in any documents regarding internships, any references or letters of recommendation. GMAT/GRE will not be necessary either.
Please send the completed and signed application for admission with the stated documents till 15.06.2022 (International Applicants with an International Bachelor's degree) via post to:
International Relations Office
The International relations office will check your application and forward it to the Alfred-Weber-Institute for Economics.
The date of reception of your application is binding.
For more information please check theCourse Website