Educational Quality in Developing Countries
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the humanities, cultural studies or social science, or in teacher training; graduates from teacher training programs of universities and teacher training colleges for all types of schools (primary and secondary schools) will be admitted.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Other appropriate qualifications may be considered on an individual basis.
Working in the education system or in a field related to education is an indispensable condition.
Students should have a background from heads of schools or teachers training colleges or those responsible for in-service teacher training, university teachers who train future teachers, to heads of school departments in different church administrations. In addition, education specialists who are working for NGOs, government officials dealing with the improvement of education quality, local educational authorities and school administrators can also apply.
At least three years of professional experience in schools excluding the traineeship/preparatory teaching period, or at least three years of professional experience in development agencies in the field of education.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
Candidates exceeding the age of 40 need to justify their motives in a letter.
Please send your dossier of the application by January 1st (date of reception) as pdf-file to:
Candidates wishing to apply for the participation in the master’s program need to prepare the following:
- Letter of motivation.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Authenticated copies of certificates from secondary schools.
- Authenticated copies of university certificates (or other certificates, such as transcript of records, diploma supplement) in German, English or French translation.
- Authenticated copies of language certificates.
- Confirmation by the employer that the candidate will be given the necessary time and infrastructure to participate in the MA program (see download form "Confirmation by Employer").
- Two letters of recommendation (see download form "Letter of Recommendation").
- Financial plan or statement of funding.
- Health certificate (see download form "Health Certificate").
- Statement of willingness to work on weekends (see download "Willingness to work on weekends").
- A competence portfolio including:
- A short, one-page profile of the organization where the candidate is working.
- A summary of all areas of activity and responsibilities after the university degree or teacher training certificate, taken from the CV.
- A summary of all courses in post-graduate and continued education in which the candidate participated after the end of his training/degree.
- A summary of all courses in post-graduate and continued education which the candidate has held after the end of his training/degree.
For more information please check theCourse Website