Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, and Computer Engineering: Major in Biomedical Systems Engineering (BMSE)
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in electrical engineering, information technology and/or computer engineering by which the necessary academic background for the master's degree program can be proven.
The following qualifications are required to succeed in the master's degree program:
- Advanced mathematics (calculus at the university level, linear algebra, differential equations, integral equations, discrete mathematics, probability theory): 28 ECTS credits.
- Classical physics and physical principles of electronic devices (mechanics, electromagnetic fields, light and optics, thermodynamics); introduction to quantum mechanics, semiconductor electronics, physical principles of electronic devices: 10 ECTS credits.
- Fundamentals of electrical engineering including circuit technology [networks, circuit theory, circuit design, electronic devices, electro- and magnetostatics, signals and systems (signal theory)]: 34 ECTS credits.
- Informatics (computer science) and programming (C/C++ programming, data structures, digital logic, digital circuits, computer design, assembler, operating systems, multi-processor systems, networks, etc): 12 ECTS credits.
- Fundamentals of control and mathematical systems theory (mathematical modeling of electro-mechanical systems, linear control theory, first and second-order control systems, stability, time discrete and stochastic systems, adaptive control, etc): 8 ECTS credits.
- Electromagnetic field theory or theoretical information theory (non-stationary fields, waveguides, antennas, wave- and line equations, smith chart, scattering parameters with further emphasis on microwave circuits and devices or on waveguide design, antenna design): 8 ECTS credits.
- Application-oriented courses, e.g., from the areas of microelectronics, communications engineering, electrical power engineering, computer engineering or medical engineering. 20 ECTS credits.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With at least grade B.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
For more information please check theCourse Website