- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Communication / Telecommunication engineering, Computer Science / Engineering, Instrumentation / Control engineering, Engineering Physics or Mechatronics.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
The applicant should have studied fundamentals of engineering mathematics, electronic devices, digital and analogue circuits, signal processing, and programming, as part of their curriculum. When in doubt, send the university your full transcipt and curriculum.
Those in the final year of their undergraduate degrees are welcome to apply provided they will complete their degrees by September. In this case, mention the same in your cover letter and provide trascripts till date.
A good bachelor’s degree.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
First download an application form (see the course page). It is a PDF form and can be filled in most pdf viewers. Please do not print this form - fill it on a computer. Save it as "yourfirstname_yourlastname.pdf". For example, if your name is "John Al Smith", then save the file as "john_smith.pdf".
You then need to send the following documents by email to [email protected] by the deadline (use "Admission for MSc" as the subject of your email, and attach the following 2 documents to this email):
- The completed application form, downloaded from the link above, saved as "yourfirstname_yourlastname.pdf"
- Compile the following supporting documents and merge them together in another single document.
- A cover letter with a brief statement on why you want to be admitted to our program.
- A full CV detailing your qualifications, name and addresses of two referees, and any other information you want to provide, like your prizes, project details, etc.
- Scanned copies of certificate of final university degree (attested copy).
- Alternatively, scanned copies of all transcripts till date, if you are still in your final year of university degree (attested copy).
- Scanned copies of certificate of academic record/final transcripts/consolidated marks sheet (attested copy).
- If the original documents are not in English or German, an English or German translation (attested copy) must be provided.
- English proficiency test certificate (see language requirements).
The university will prefer this merged document in pdf format and named as "docs_yourfirstname_yourlastname.pdf". For example, if your name is "John Al Smith", then save the file as "docs_john_smith.pdf".
- The maximum size of attachments should be 6MB.
- Do not send any other certificate, references, extra-curricular certificates at this time.
- Ensure you only have two documents in your email.
- Do not send any postal documents.
- If you have difficulty sending these documents, express the same in your covering letter.
Note for International Students:
- Chinese, Mongolian and Vietnamese applicants are strongly recommended to ask at the German Embassy in their countries for the accreditation of their application documentation. The University of Siegen cannot accept applications without the corresponding certificate of approval.
- Indian applicants: All marks sheets and degree certificates (transcripts) must be sent through proper channel (meaning that your documents have to be issued by your university or another educational institution of high standard and/or that copies have to be attested by the same institute, public lawyer or notary).
For more information please check theCourse Website