- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in embedded systems, engineering, computer science, mechatronics or a related field.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Applicants should demonstrate a level of knowledge and competence that corresponds to that acquired in the Bachelor’s degree program in embedded systems taught at Saarland University. Specifically, this requires applicants to show that they have the necessary level of expertise in the following areas:
- Mathematics (discrete mathematics, real analysis and multivariable calculus, linear algebra, numerical methods, stochastics).
- Computer science (functional and object-oriented programming, formal methods, software development methods).
- Engineering (embedded systems, mechatronics, signal processing, information theory).
Minimal prerequisite is a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (CGPA) of 75% or 3.00 GPA on a 4 point scale and ranking in the top 10% of the graduating class.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
In the second step of the application process, you need to submit four types of documents with your application in order to be considered for admission. Please note that the university only accepts files in the PDF file format.
- Transcripts (academic records):
- A copy of your university entrance diploma.
- Copies of all previous degrees (with certified translation, if the original language is not English or French).
- A certified list of all attended courses with the respective grades, including an explanation of the grading system.
- Curriculum vitae (CV):
- Including information on your areas of interest in research, as well as any projects or publications.
- Statement of purpose (SOP):
- Containing your reasons for applying to the proposed program at Saarland University.
- Letters of recommendation:
- A complete application must have two letters of recommendation. These will be uploaded by the referees. It is your responsibility to ensure that your referees have the information they need to provide a reference and submit it by the deadline.
- You enter the following information for each of your recommenders: name, address, phone number, institution or employer, title, email address (referee’s institutional or professional email address). It is extremely important to enter the valid email addresses of your referee. An email will be sent to your recommenders with information on how to proceed.
- Alternatively, your referees may send the university the references in sealed envelopes; under no circumstances may these confidential reports be sent to the university by the applicant. If a referee has not received their notification email, please ask them to check their junk/spam folders. References should be written on institutional or professional letter-headed paper
- Other Qualifications (OTH): GRE Test.
- To better assess your skills, it is advised a GRE Test (general and/or computer science). However, proof of participation in this test is not mandatory.
For more information please check theCourse Website