Energy and Environmental Management in Developing Cοuntriеs
- Summer semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
The admission requirements for the master's program in energy and environmental management are:
- An above-average degree in the bachelor's degree in energy and environmental management from the Flensburg University of Applied Sciences, including a semester abroad, or
- An above-average degree from a seven-semester comparable European bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, including a semester abroad, or
- A well above average completion of a six-semester comparable European bachelor's degree in industrial engineering and an additional semester abroad with 30 ECTS credit points or a proven comparable achievement, or
- A far above-average completion of a seven-semester European Bachelor's degree in engineering, including a semester abroad and proof of the successful completion of the economic bridging courses for the degree, or
- A far above-average completion of a six-semester European bachelor's degree in engineering and an additional semester abroad with 30 ECTS credit points or a comparable performance and proof of the successful completion of the economic bridging courses for the degree program, or
- A far above-average degree of at least four years of a bachelor's degree in a developing or emerging country as an industrial engineer and a subsequent relevant professional experience of at least two years, or
- A far above-average degree in engineering for at least four years in a developing or emerging country and a subsequent relevant professional experience of at least two years and proof of successful completion of the economic bridging courses for the degree program.
Bridge courses to be completed for graduates with pure engineering degrees comprise three modules:
- Business Administration (4 SWS / 5 ECTS) (written exam).
- Business Economics (4 SWS / 5 ECTS) (written exam), and
- Foundations of Energy Economics and Energy Management (4 SWS / 5 ECTS) (written exam).
The examination board decides on the recognition of courses completed at other universities as bridging coursеs.
Professional experience of at least two years in a field related to the course focus (internship will not be considerеd).
An "above average" bachelor's degreе.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents have to be sent in one pdf in the order mentioned below:
- Signed application form (Ensure this is at the beginning of your pdf).
- Curriculum vitae signed (use the template provided on the program website).
- Bachelor-certificate (or equivalent university degree) of a study of 4-years duration in engineering (certified copy).
- Transcripts/records of the study of 4-years duration with information about the grading system (certified copy).
- Written proof of 2-years work experience.
- A paper (approx. 1,000 words) explaining your personal expectations and motivation to study Energy and Environmental Management, signed.
- 2 Recommendations with letterhead and signature (1 professional and 1 academic) not in a sealed envelope.
- English language proof (see language requirements).
All listed documents are compulsory. Applications without these documents or with incomplete attachments cannot be considered and will not be processеd.
For more information please check theCourse Website