English and American Studies / English Linguistics
- Both semesters
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in English/American studies or in a closely related subject.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
You must also have acquired the following competencies as part of your degree, which are required for successfully completing the master's program in "English and American studies/English linguistics". Three of the six following modules of the bachelor's program or equivalent modules or examination achievements must be proven:
- Module textual research (9 ECTS credits),
- Module text and context I (9 ECTS credits).
- Module text and context II (9 ECTS credits),
- Module introduction to linguistics (9 ECTS credits),
- Linguistic levels module (9 ECTS credits),
- Advanced linguistics module (9 ECTS credits).
(2) The Admissions Committee decides whether the requirements stipulated in paragraph 1 are fulfilled and whether, based on the examinations completed so far and the proven competencies, there is technical suitability for the master's program in English and American Studies / English Linguistics. The admissions committee can invite applicants whose professional qualifications have not been adequately proven to a selection interview. In the selection interview, a check is carried out to determine whether the applicant has professional qualifications within the meaning of paragraph 1 despite the lack of evidence. In the event of a failure, each selection interview can be repeated once. If the competencies according to Paragraph 1 No. 2 have only been partially proven, the Admissions Committee can also issue an admission with conditions according to Paragraph 3.
(3) In accordance with Section 60 (1) sentence 4 of the State University Law, the admissions committee can grant admission on the condition that modules or competencies that have not been demonstrated in the context of Section 1 number 2 must be made up for. The requirements may not exceed 30 ECTS credits. The fulfillment of the requirements must be proven at the latest when registering for the master's thesis.
(4) In cases of doubt, the submission of the certificate of the general university entrance qualification or a relevant subject-specific university entrance qualification or a foreign university entrance qualification recognized as equivalent by the competent state body can also be requested.
Average grade "good" (2.5) or better.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
For more information please check theCourse Website