English and American Studies
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in English and/or American studies.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Applicants with degrees in other philologies may be considered if their preparation is deemed appropriate. To be eligible, students must have studied at least one-quarter of their previous course (corresponding to 45 ECTS) in English or American studies or another philology. Applicants with degrees in translation or business English must prove that their degree program contained at least one quarter (corresponding to 45 ECTS) in philological studies.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
An online application at the University of Bamberg has to be filled in and then printed out to be sent via regular mail to the University of Bamberg (see address below). You need to include the following documents (authorized copies only, no originals). The originals of all your documents must be provided upon enrolment at Bamberg University.
- School leaving certificate + English/German translation (with which the student is eligible to study at a university in his/her home country).
- University diploma + English/German translation.
- Diploma supplement + English/German translation (if provided by your university).
- Language proficiency certificate (see language requirements).
- Transcript of your university records + English/German translation.
Special conditions apply for students who have earned their certificate(s) in one of the following countries:
- China, Vietnam: an APS certificate has to be provided.
- Mongolia: an APS certificate should be provided if possible.
- Georgia: Georgian applicants must have all of their documents (school leaving certificate, university diploma, transcript of records, etc.) authenticated by an apostille, i.e. a validation stamp.
- Iran: Iranian applicants need to provide have all of their documents (school leaving certificate, university diploma, transcript of records, etc.) legalized by the German Embassy in Teheran.
- China, Iran, Korea, Turkey, Spain, Colombia: certificate of university entrance examination.
For more information please check theCourse Website