English and American Studies
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in English and American Studies covering the subject areas of cultural studies, linguistics, and literary studies; or in other courses of study with at least 25% (corresponding to 45 ECTS) of courses in English and American Studies covering the subject areas cultural studies, linguistics and literary studies.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Applicants with degrees in English and American Studies not covering all three subject areas can be provisionally admitted under the condition that they compensate their missing competencies in one or more of the three subject areas (cultural studies, linguistics, and/or literary studies) in so-called “Auflagenmodulen” (especially required modules defined in the bylaws) which they are required to pass within the first two semesters of study.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Online application form.
- School leaving certificate + English/German translation.
- University diploma + English/German translation.
- Transcript of university records + English/German translation.
- Diploma supplement + English/German translation (if provided by your university).
- Language proficiency certificate (see language requirements).
To apply, you need to:
- Fill out the online application form and print it.
- Get authorized copies of all of your documents (Original documents must be provided upon enrolment at Bamberg but should not be sent via postal mail).
- Send your documents via postal mail to the Academic Registrar's Office:
Special conditions apply for students who have earned their certificate(s) in one of the following countries:
- China and Vietnam: an APS certificate has to be provided.
- India and Mongolia: an APS certificate should be provided if possible.
- Georgia: Georgian applicants must have all of their documents (school leaving certificate, university diploma, transcript of records, etc.) authenticated by an apostille, i.e. a validation stamp.
- Iran: Iranian applicants need to provide all of their documents (school leaving certificate, university diploma, transcript of records, etc.) legalized by the German Embassy in Teheran.
- China, Iran, Korea, Turkey, Spain, Colombia: Certificate of university entrance examination.
For more information please check theCourse Website