British and American Studies
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in English, American, or a degree in the humanities and social sciences, in particular with a philological and media studies focus.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
An overall grade of at least 2.5.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Grades A or B.
Specification: Grades A, B, or C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The application documents must be submitted in due time to the student secretariat of Bielefeld University and contain:
- The final certificate of a previous qualified degree and the associated documents (transcript, transcript of records, diploma supplement or similar) that provide information about the individual course of study, the modules completed, the achievements during the course and their assessments and about the individual professional profile of the completed course. If the university or professional academy at which the applicant obtained the previous degree does not issue such documents for the applicant, correspondingly meaningful documents must be submitted (e.g. performance records).
- If there is no diploma from a previous qualified degree, a provisional final document and/or a current transcript of records or correspondingly meaningful documents within the meaning of point 1 will be submitted.
- German language skills are beneficial for the course; however, proof of this is waived for enrollment.
- Proof of knowledge of the English language for applicants who do not speak English as their mother tongue (see language requirements).
- Essay of motivation in English.
- Study-related, English-language written work sample of 10 to 15 pages.
For more information please check theCourse Website