English Literatures and Literary Theοrу
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a course with a focus on philological or cultural studies.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
The admissions committee decides on the equivalence of other university degreеs.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
For a proper application, the following documents are required:
- The fully completed application for admission on the application form of the University of Freiburg.
- A certified copy of the certificate of the completed university degree and the transcript from which the course content emerges (possibly in an officially certified translation when completing a degree at a foreign university).
- If applicable, proof of the language test for English (see language requirements).
- Two reports or letters of recommendation from academic teachers (in German or English).
- A "letter of motivation" (two to three pages in English), in which the applicant's personal motives for starting the master's program are set out.
- An essay in English in the amount of approx. 2,500 words on a topic of your choice, which refers to one of the specialist modules of the course "English Literature and Literary Theory", or a reading sample in English in a comparable scope, which corresponds to a relevant one, has already been taken from scientific work (e.g. a seminar paper, the bachelor thesis, a publication or a conference contribution).
- A curriculum vitae in English.
If the applicant has already completed university studies at the time of the application deadline on June 15, but cannot yet provide a certified copy of the certificate and the certificate of the completed degree, it is sufficient to submit a confirmation from the university for the application indicating the overall grade of which this degree was completed. In this case, the certified copy of the certificate must be submitted to the University of Freiburg at the latest at the time of enrollment.
If the applicant has not completed the university studies by the application deadline on June 15th, then the applicant has the expected admission requirements (completion of the study with above-average success) by a certificate of all achievements already achieved (including grades and ECTS details) and a confirmation of the grading of the thesis or alternatively of the submission or at least the registration of the thesis. In this case, admission is subject to the condition that the successful completion of the degree is documented by a certified copy of the certificate and the certificate of the completed degree at the latest at the time of enrollment. In addition, the confirmation from the admissions committee must be submitted that the degree was completed with above-average succеss.
For more information please check theCourse Website