English-Speaking Cultures: Language, Text, Media
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in English studies, North American studies, linguistics (with English linguistics as the main component), comparative studies (with either English linguistics and/or literature and/or cultures in the English-speaking world as its main component), or a related field.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
For students with a background in linguistics, at least 60 credit points (CP) of the previous program must have been earned in the field of English. Students who have not yet completed their B.A. degree may nonetheless apply if they have completed the greater part of their studies (corresponding to at least 150 CP, 60 CP of which must be in an English-related subject). In such cases, admission can be granted on the condition that every other requirement with respect to the admission regulations has been fulfilled and that the B.A. degree will be successfully completed at the latest two weeks after the start of the master's program lecture period. Proof of 60 credit points (CP) in an English-related subject or linguistics must be submitted before the application deadline.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Application for admission.
- A current CV (tabular) including information on the applicant’s educational and work history, publications (if any), language abilities, and extracurricular interests.
- Corresponding documents relating to the entry requirements.
- Transcript of records from previous and/or current B.A./M.A. degree programs.
For more information please check theCourse Website