- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in English Studies/Anglistik or a course with essentially the same content.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
For the master's program in English Studies/English Studies (main subject), the proportion of subjects must generally be at least 50% or 70 credit points; in exceptional cases, a specialist share of less than 50%, but at least 20% or 28 credit points is sufficient.
If the degree is not yet available by the end of the application period, a preliminary certificate from the university of the achievements so far is sufficient with the promise that the corresponding course of study is expected by the beginning of the semester, for which the admission is being applied for will be concluded. The applicant takes part in the admission and selection process with an average grade, which is determined on the basis of his previous examinations; the result of the degree is ignored for the selection process.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least grade B.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents must be enclosed with the application:
- Evidence of the existence of the prerequisites specified in the previous degree field.
- A declaration of whether the applicant is a student of a domestic or foreign university in the master's program in English Studies/English Studies or in courses with essentially the same content, and has lost the right to take an exam or is in an ongoing examination process in these courses,
- A letter of motivation in English in the amount of approx. 600 words, from which the previous professional interests, as well as the future research interest in the course of the study in Heidelberg, emerge.
For more information please check theCourse Website