English Studies: Literature, Language, Culture
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor’s degree in English Studies with either a major or a minor in literary and/or cultural studies, equivalent to a minimum of 60LP or one-third of your degree.
There are a limited number of places that can be given to applicants with a minor in English and a major in one of the following areas: Comparative Literature; Cultural Studies; Cinema Studies; Theatre and Dance Studies; or Philology in other languages.
Attention: You still need to have taken classes in English literary and/or cultural studies that amount to a minimum of 15% of your credits.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Minimum of 7.0 in each of the four components.
Specification: Grades A-B.
Specification: Minimum of 70 in each of the four components.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please submit the following documents to uni-assist as officially certified copies via mail:
- Graduation certificate with a final grade
- (if you have completed your studies). If you are applying for a higher subject-specific semester, this document is stringently required.
- Official current transcript of records with a final grade.
- Official transcript of records for the master’s program and a current certificate of enrollment, only when applying for the higher subject-specific semesters.
- If applicable, a current certificate of enrollment, in case you are currently enrolled or have been enrolled at a German university/college after completing your first degree.
- Official translations of all certificates if issued in any language other than German or English, issued by sworn translators only or by an institution being entitled to translations for official purposes.
- Proof of English knowledge, if required for the chosen master’s program (see language requirements).
- Proof of other language knowledge, if required for the chosen master’s program (see language requirements).
- Sufficient knowledge of German, if required for the chosen master’s program (see language requirements).
- If applicable, additional study-related skills, if this is a selection criterion for the desired master’s program (please see the specific regulation on allocation of study placements).
For more information please check theCourse Website