- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Environmental Management, Environmental Sciences, Agricultural or Forest Sciences, Geography, Political Sciences, Sociology, Law, Economics, Ethnology, International Cooperation, Development Studies, Nature Conservation, Land Use Planning, Natural Resource Management, among others.
Note: students from India, Indonesia, Cambodia, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka require a 4-year bachelor or a 3-year bachelor from these countries qualifies only in combination with a Master degree for a Master program in Germanу.
Your average grade/GPA from the bachelor must be equivalent to minimum 2.5 or better, under the German Degree System (1.0 max – 4.0 pass). The university uses the Bayerische Formel to convert international gradеs.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
You have to prepare/upload the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae in English, please do not include a photo.
- Motivation letter in English.
- Two recommendations: Put the names, affiliations, email adresses and postal addresses of your two referees on two seperate blank sheets and upload them. DO NOT UPLOAD the reference letters and questionnaires themselves. These have to be sent from the referees directly to us, see below. At least one reference has to be from a university professor/lecturer. The second can be from an employer. If you cannot provide an employer reference, send two academic references. Letters which you upload yourself cannot be recognized. Ask your referees to download and complete the MEG Referees Questionnaire and to write a reference letter (there is no template for the reference letter). The referees need to sign (can be electronically) both documents before sending them by e-mail to [email protected] or by postal mail to the address indicated on the questionnaire.
- Transcript of records (original and certified translation if necessary): The transcript must contain your final grade/GPA, and the grading scale of your university. If you have not yet finished your bachelor degree, please upload your current transcript. It is no problem to apply without a completed degree as long as you will be able to present your completed bachelor degree by the end of September when you matriculate (in case of beeing selected for a study place). Please provide your current average grade (very important!). If your transcript doesn´t show it you have to ask your university to calculate it and issue a proof. Without your current average grade your application cannot be evaluated.
- Bachelor’s degree certificate (original and certified translations if necessary). Exception: Students from the US and Canada do not have to send a degree certificate it the transcript shows that the degree was awarded. If you have not yet finished your bachelor degree, you have to upload confirmations of your university about the number of credits obtained so far (if not stated in the transcript of records); about the grading of the final thesis (if applicable and it not stated in the transcript); about submission or registration of the final thesis (if not stated in the transcript).
- English language certificate (originals or certified copies). Language certificates have to be submitted until May 15th. Exceptions are allowed only if applicants can upload the registration proof for a test date until May 15th and provide the test result until June 1st. The TOEFL certificates cannot be older than 2 years; IELTS and Cambridge have no such limit. If the institution will send the certificate directly to the university by postal mail, please upload a screenshot of the result. EXEMPTIONS:
- Native English speakers are exempted from a language proof. They shall upload a copy of their passport.
- Applicants who followed their COMPLETE university studies in English in an English speaking country (US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) or in a country where English is the official language are exempted from the English Certificate.
- APS Certificate (compulsory for applicants from China, and Vietnam).
- NOT MANDATORY: Proof of work/practical experience (minimum 6 weeks). If you have work/practical experience of more than 6 weeks and can provide a proof (e.g. letter from employers, certificates), you can improve your grade in the selection process.Starting and finishing dates must be clearly specified in the proof in order to be valid. Work/practical experience means a fulltime employment or internship. Voluntary work cannot be considered. Internships which have been part of the Bachelor curriculum cannot be recognized. Internships that have been completed after the Bachelor are recognized.
- NOT MANDATORY: Proof of a stay abroad, career related (minimum 6 months). This can be:
- a semester abroad as exchange student (e.g. Erasmus). Here, 4 months are sufficient,
- an internship abroad,
- a work experience abrοad.
For more information please check theCourse Website