University of Freiburg

Environmental Governance

M.Sc. (Master of Science)
Subjects: Political Sciences, Agriculture, Environmental and Nutritional Sciences, Sociology, Urban and Spatial planning, Law
Globalization Sustainability
No. of places
English only
Winter semester:  15 May
Application Deadlines
2 Years (starting: Winter semester)
Free / 1500€
Tuition fees (per semester)
Winter semester
Mode of admission:
local admission restriction
directly at University
Study mode:
On campus

Program video

6 reasons why to choose this Study Program

Become a sustainability designer and facilitator
Understand the complexities of sustainable development and create innovative and tailored-made solutions to real-world problems.
Visit the UN and other prestigious organizations
MEG students have the unique opportunity to see how worldwide environmental organizations work. Excursions include visits to the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH or the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW), among others.
Boost your career options with an internship in Germany or abroad
Put into practice all the knowledge gained during the master’s program and experience international organizations from the inside.
Apply for a fully funded DAAD scholarship (EPOS)
The M.Sc. in Environmental Governance is part of the DAAD scholarship program for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS). EPOS provides graduates from developing countries and at least two years' professional experience, the chance to apply for a fully-funded scholarship during the two-year duration of the master’s program. → More Info
Discover the great employment opportunities thanks to the Alumni Employment list
In what other program are you going to find an Alumni Employment list? When reading it you’ll realize that upon graduating, you’ll be able to choose many exciting career opportunities around the world in places such as governmental organizations, multinational companies, development banks, NGOs, research institutions, universities, and many more. → More Info
Get a clear idea that this program is for you
With the help of the Online Study-Choice Assistant, you’ll know what to expect from the MEG Program and whether your academic and vocational interests fit well. → More Info

How do you want to continue?

Go to course website