- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in physics or mathematics or another appropriately related field of studies that includes a substantial portion of advanced physics (at least 90 CP) and mathematics (in these cases a GRE subject test might be required by the admission board).
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
It is expected that applicants have an understanding of atomic and molecular quantum physics, practical knowledge of calculus and linear algebra, and an understanding of vector analysis and matrix algebra with eigenvalues.
While not strictly required, applications including a GRE General Test or Subject Test in physics, chemistry, or mathematics will be given priority over those without. If you still have questions related to your specific case, do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Final degree certificate (please upload this document, too).
- Transcripts of all your prior academic degrees.
- Proof of your English language knowledge (see language requirements).
- Proof of your German language knowledge (see language requirements). Applicants who obtained their university entrance qualification or prior academic degree in the German language may provide this proof by presenting a respective document/certificate - waived for winter semester 22/23 + summer semester 23 applications.
- 2 reference letters.
- A letter of motivation (max. 1 page).
- A CV (tabular form).
- A school leaving certificate.
- Where applicable, evidence of any further degrees (e.g. Master degree, GRE test, etc).
You may also apply even if you won’t finish your prior B.Sc. degree before the application deadline, but will complete it before the study program starts in October. In this case, you must provide evidence that you have already obtained a minimum of 120 ECTS (or equivalent).
Please note: You may apply without submitting the language proof and the final degree certificate (in case you’ve finished your prior degree recently and the document is still to be prepared). However, in case you are admitted, you will have to present both before enrolment or by the date mentioned in the admission letter respectively.
Documents in languages other than German or English have to be translated into German or English and to be certified by German authorities. Translations have to be done by officially approved translators.
For more information please check theCourse Website