Nanoscience & Nanotechnology [Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Program]
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: September/October
- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- A limited number of tuition fees can be waived down to 1,500 €/year (Partner country students, except those going to Chalmers). Partner countries are all countries, except the EU Member States and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Turkey. Program countries are the 28 EU Member States and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Turkey.
Bachelor's degree in physics, applied physics, chemistry, biochemistry, electrical engineering, material science, or a related discipline, with a proven background in mathematics and physics or chemistry. Students in their last year of such a bachelor program will also be considered.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
During their bachelor education, the students should have acquired (eventually after following a preparatory program) a basic knowledge of mathematics (including advanced algebra and differential equations), physics and organic and inorganic chemistry, electronics and electromagnetism, and eventually also notions of cell biology and biochemistry, molecular architectures and recognition or chemical material science.
A GPA (Grade Point Average) of at least 75% of the scale maximum is required.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With no subscore under 6.5.
Specification: With no subscore under 22.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in September/October)
Application Procedure & Selection
All applicants will have to pay an application fee of 90 € to process their files This fee needs to be paid for each application made.
Documents required for Erasmus Mundus Nano are:
- A copy of your diplomas and transcripts of your academic records.
- Translation of your diploma and official transcripts.
- Proof of English proficiency test (see language requirements).
- Students applying to this program are exempted from submitting GRE scores, but it might still be considered an asset.
- ANNEX (check program website).
- A motivation letter.
- Two recommendation letters (you can download the template for the recommendation letters on the program website). Recommendation letters need to be uploaded in the portal.
- Proof of payment of the application fee.
- A photocopy of the identity page of your passport.
- Proof of your official residency (this can be a residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate’s municipality's normal registration rules or a certificate from the candidate’s place of work, study, or training issued by the employer or institution in question).
All applicants must inform about their preferred trajectory.
Please complete the Annex by choosing your preferred university for the 2nd year.
For more information please check theCourse Website