- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the ethnology course (subject area ethnology at least 50%) or in courses with essentially comparable methodological, thematic and theoretical orientation.
MInimum standard period of study: 3 years.
For the master's degree in ethnology (120 CP), the proportion in the subject of ethnology must generally be at least 50% or 70 ECTS points and in exceptional cases at least 20% or 28 ECTS points. If the subject of ethnology is less than 50% or 70 ECTS points, a selection interview will be carried out to determine whether the applicant has the necessary professional qualifications to study the master's program in ethnology.
Admission can also be applied if the degree is not available by the end of the application period but it can be expected that the bachelor's degree must be met in time before the start of the lecture period for the master’s degree. In this case, it is sufficient to provide the university with a provisional certificate of the achievements actually made up to that point, with the promise that the bachelor's thesis is already submitted and is expected to be completed by the beginning of the semester for which admission is sought.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents must be attached to the application for admission:
- Evidence of the existence of the requirements specified in the previous degree field.
- A statement as to whether the applicant at a domestic or foreign university in the master’s degree in ethnology or in courses with essentially the same content has lost the right to take an examination or is in an ongoing examination procedure in these courses.
For more information please check theCourse Website