Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Social Sciences (Euromasters)
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- The Euromasters tuition fees for 2019 entry: 4,985 £ per year/9,970 £ (around 10,956 €) total (home & EU students). 7,500 £ per year/15,000 £ (around 16,483 €) total (overseas/non EU students).
A good Honours degree, or equivalent, in an appropriate subject, such as European studies, politics, history, economics or sociology. Applications from other backgrounds will be considered if evidence of experience or interest is demonstrated.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With no less than 6.0 in each of the four components.
Specification: With no less than 59 in any component.
Specification: With a minimum 21 in all 4 components.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Having uploaded all the following documents (with authenticated translations into English if the originals are in your native language):
- Completed application form. There is no need to include a research proposal on your application. This space is given for students applying for our research programs. Applicants are asked to choose which sites they wish to attend on their application form. However, you are allowed to change your choice up until the end of the first week of the program in September. This is dependent upon places available.
- Scan of degree certificate(s) if already awarded (undergraduate and postgraduate). If you are still studying, you can apply without this, but it will be required before you start the program. If you are a Home/EU applicant then you have until the end of July to upload a copy of your awarded degree certificate. If you are from overseas then the deadline is June 30th. It is recommended that you speak to your university and explain that the university will need your certificate soon. If need be the university can accept a transcript which states that you have been awarded the degree at a particular grade.
- Scan of transcript(s):
- with results to date, and,
- if you are in your final year, a list of current subjects being studied, and,
- if this is your final transcript, it must state that the qualification has been awarded.
- Scan of English language certificate (obtained within two years of the start of the course, see language requirements).
- Scan of two references:
- at least one must be an academic reference,
- the second reference may be someone who knows you in a relevant work context – character or personal references are not acceptable;
- all references must be a scan of the signed and dated letter, on official letter headed paper.
- It is strongly recommended that you notify your referees of your application before you apply.
- An up to date CV, including clear evidence relating to academic excellence, your achievements, and the high quality of the institutions where you have studied or worked (or mitigating factors if lower quality).
For items 2 to 5, please remember to scan both sides of your documents.
For more information please check theCourse Website