- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a program with components related to the study of North America and Europe.
Above-average first academic degree.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please send the following documents as one PDF-file (in the order indicated below) by e-mail to [email protected]:
- CV (including the exact titles + grades of your qualifications as well as the full name of the university you received your B.A./academic degree from, documentation of relevant stays abroad, documentation of relevant academic and extra-curricular activities such as internships, projects, etc).
- A cover letter in English (approx. two pages).
- B.A. certificate (or equivalent): if the B.A. certificate is not yet available, please include an official transcript amounting to at least 150 credit points or 5/6 of the required courses and exams of your program.
- Certified translation of B.A./academic degree certificate (only if the certificate is NOT in German or English).
- A transcript of academic records, that lists the attended courses and documents hitherto achieved credit points (at least 150 credit points) as well as your grade average.
- Certified translation of transcript (only if the transcript is NOT in German or English).
- A thesis-driven academic essay (including works cited) in English of 12,000-15,000 characters (including blanks).
Essay topic winter term 2022/23:
The current war in Ukraine, the COVID-19 pandemic, and the recent presidency of Donald Trump have shed new light on processes of economic globalization. Instead of being, as liberal theories suggest, a strategy of overcoming the causes of international conflict and war through free trade and economic entanglement, economic globalization can also further economic nationalism and support autocratic regimes and their military aggressions. Zooming in on the relations between Europe and America and drawing on two case studies from different historical contexts, please reflect on economic matters as a theme of European-American relations!
- English-language certificate (see language requirements).
- Certificate of your secondary school degree (high school or equiv.)
- Certified translation of the certificate of your secondary school degree (only if it is NOT in German or English).
- International applicants: copy of passport.
- International applicants: a copy of the passport.
- Applicants from China, Vietnam, and Mongolia: APS Certificate.
- Any other relevant certificates.
- All documents must be in either English or German. Simple copies of certificates and certified translations are sufficient for the application. However, all original documents must be shown at the Registrar's Office for enrollment.
For more information please check theCourse Website