European and Transnational Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- The tuition fee for the IP-IT Law LL.M. Program is 7,800 € (3900 € per semester). Early applicants will receive a discount. Specifically, those who apply by April 1st will have to pay only 7,500 €. Candidates applying by January 1st can save even more, as their tuition fee will be reduced to 7,200 €.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in law, computer science, engineering, media studies, or another subject.
If you are still finishing your bachelor's studies or have less than one year of professional experience when applying to the program, it will not impede your application. It is only important that you complete your studies and have one year of professional experience before the beginning of the program.
One year of relevant professional experience.
The professional experience requirement can be fulfilled through various practical activities, including internships and traineeships. For example, German law graduates' practical training (Referendariat) satisfies this requirement. However, if a practical activity constituted a mandatory part of your bachelor's program, it cannot be counted as professional experience. In certain cases, admission can be granted to applicants with professional experience of less than one year. If you are not sure whether your studies or practical experience satisfies the program's admission requirements, please contact the university before submitting the formal application.
Since the students come from various countries with different grading systems, it is not formally required that you achieve a particular average grade in your previous studies (e.g., British first-class honors), but your grades will certainly constitute an important criterion in the process of evaluation of applications.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
In order to apply for admission to LIPIT LLM Program:
- Fill out and submit the program's application form.
- After that, please send your CV and PDF copies of your diplomas (with transcripts of grades) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a PDF copy of the test certificate (see language requirements).
- In addition, you may submit any other documents that you consider beneficial to the success of your application (e.g., other certificates, references from professors or employers, copies of your written works or extracts from them).
If you are planning to send some document but you do not have it yet (e.g., if you do not have an English language certificate because you have not yet taken the test), you can first send your application together with the documents that you already have. On your application form, please indicate that you are still planning to send the document and the approximate time when you will be able to do that.
If your diplomas or other documents are not in English or German, please also provide their English translation. Your copies and translations do not have to be certified at the stage of the application. However, if you are admitted, you will have to provide the originals or certified copies and translations.
After receiving your application, the university may ask you to send some additional documents or information. For example, if your previous field of study is not law, the university may ask for a short explanation of how your studies or professional experience is relevant to the subject of the LL.M. program.
For more information please check theCourse Website