European Mining Course (EMC)
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- At Aalto University: tuition fee is 0 € for EU/EEA citizens; and 15,000 € per academic year (7,500 € per term) for non-EU/EEA citizens. At RWTH Aachen: there is no tuition fee. At Montanuniversität Leoben: tuition fee is 364 € per semester for EU/EEA citizens, students to whom Austria, on the basis of an international treaty, is obliged to grant the same rights of access to the profession as Austrian nationals, and regular students who fall under the groups of persons pursuant, as well as regular students from third countries who have a residence permit, and 727 € per semester for non-EU citizens. Regular students who are citizens of the least developed countries are generally exempt. They only pay the students' union membership fee.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject (e.g. Engineering, Earth sciences, environmental sciences, mineral resource engineering) issued by one of the partner universities, or an equivalent university qualification from other top universities worldwide in an appropriate subject.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Students in their final year of a bachelor's degree are eligible to apply provided that they complete their degree before the start of the program. Acceptance in the program will then be conditional on the student obtaining the necessary degree. Proof of completion of the degree must be shown before the start of the program. All applicants must deliver an officially attested copy of an official bachelor's degree certificate. This is a condition for the acceptance and no enrolment to the university can be made before the delivery of this certificate. The copies of study certificates must be certified by the issuing institution or by a notary public.
A bachelor’s degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined.
For students who obtained their BSc at one of the partner universities, special CGPA requirements apply. Please see the requirement for each partner university below:
- Aalto University: min. CGPA of 2.5.
- RWTH Aachen: min. CGPA of 2.5.
- Montanuniversität Leoben: n/a.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Min. 21 for each section.
Specification: Min. 6.0 for each section.
Specification: Min. C with an overall score of 176 and min 169 for each section.
Specification: Min. C with an overall score of 180 and min 169 for each section.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
- Bachelor's degree.
- Proof of average grade.
- English language certificate (see language requirements).
- Letter of motivation (max. 2000 words). Students who obtained their B.Sc at one of the partner universities are also exempt from the two letters of recommendation.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Two Letters of recommendation.
- Proof of payment of 100 € administration costs. Refundable if the student is admitted.
For more information please check theCourse Website