European Urban Studies
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the disciplines of architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning/regional planning, urban design, geography, urban sociology, political, social and cultural sciences, European studies and all related disciplines. In case of doubt, the examination board determines upon qualification.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
A certain level of academic or professional experience shown through adequate works samples, text-based and visual, as well as through sample from your previous studies.
At least "good".
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Grade C.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Letter of motivation | signed.
The motivation letter is a very important part of the application procedure. Please prepare it with great care. Your motivation letter (in English, up to 6500 characters with spaces) should focus on the following points:
- What is your motivation for applying to the study program European Urban Studies? (Why are you interested in the study program? What are your plans for the future and how should this study program help you achieve your goals?).
- How does your educational and professional background relate to the study program? (What makes you a good candidate for this program? What knowledge, skills, and experiences do you have that are relevant to this program?).
- What are your specific research interests within the field of Urban Studies? (What issues are you most interested in? What problems would you like to examine in more depth? What would be a possible topic for your Master thesis?).
- In addition, and voluntarily, you are encouraged to write and reflect on urban matters by submitting a small essay of one paragraph on a book/author related to urban studies and your reflections on this book/author (1600 characters with spaces maximum).
- University degree or similar qualifications including all relevant study results (courses and grades) | certified copy.
Documents not in German or English need to be submitted in a certified translated version, in German or English.
- Certificate of qualification for university entrance | copy.
- Proof of English language proficiency according to B2 (see language requirements).
- Your CV.
- You are free to add additional documents like recommendation letters, work references, etc.
- If you want, additionally, you are invited to include a PDF file with samples from your previous study or professional work (portfolio) related to relevant fields of studies. The file may consist of works from your previous or current studies, from internships, from a previous career, self-initiated projects, publications and/or volunteer work. We appreciate a short description of the projects in the portfolio. Please submit all samples in one single PDF file labeled with your last and first name through Uni-Assist. We appreciate portfolios that do not exceed 6 MB.
For more information please check theCourse Website