Evolution, Ecology and Systematics
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in biology or a related subject, such as bioinformatics, chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, and agricultural biology.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Applicants from India and Bangladesh: please note that at least a 4-year-Bachelor degree/ 3-year-Bachelor+ 1-year-Master degree is mandatory.
You have a transcript of records from your bachelor’s program with a grade point average. If you are currently a bachelor student, you can submit a transcript of records with an ECTS credits level of at least 120 ECTS credits and a preliminary grade point average.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The following documents (in pdf format) are required for the online application.
- Curriculum vitae in English, indicating your name, academic background, work experience, etc. (max. 2 pages).
- Copies of your bachelor’s degree certificate and of your official transcript of records, including an explanation of the grading and credit system of your university. If the degree certificate is not yet available, a transcript of records indicating at least 120 ECTS credits is acceptable. The documents must indicate a grade point average. The university asks that you send translations of these documents if they are in languages other than German or English.
- Motivation essay of up to 600 words in English. Please note that the motivation essay should include the following points in detail:
- The reasons for your interest in the program and your qualifications for it.
- The reasons why you would like to study at (the Faculty of Biology of) the LMU.
- The reasons for your interest in particular research groups or areas.
- Proof of your proficiency in English must equal a C1 level (see language requirements).
Applicants who are non-German citizens AND neither obtained their bachelor’s degree in Germany nor received their general university entrance qualification (“Abitur”) in Germany or from a German school abroad are required to submit a second, separate application to the LMU Office of International Affairs. The deadline for the winter semester 2020/21 will be July 15th, 2020.
For more information please check theCourse Website