Executive Master of Public Administration [Part-Time]
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: September
- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- The yearly tuition fee is 18,250 € (for the 2-years part-time version). Students who submit their application by November 30th are eligible for the early bird offer and receive a tuition reduction of 2,000 € (can be combined with scholarships). It is encouraged for all students who want to be considered for a tuition waiver or scholarship to apply by the priority deadline of February 1st.
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline (typically, Executive MPA participants have a background in business/economics, law, social science, or natural sciences).
Minimum standard period of study: 3-4 years.
Required ECTS credits: 240.
At least three years of relevant work experience.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Grades A, B, or C.
Specification: Grades A or B.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in September)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please upload the required supporting documents in .pdf format to the online application portal:
- Your curriculum vitae (in English or German)
- A letter of motivation (in English or German, preferably in English – two pages or 900 words maximum)
- Copies of official academic transcripts and diplomas of all attended universities. Every transcript must include a transcript key (an explanation of the grading system). If these documents are not in English or German, the applicant needs to provide a certified or notarised translation into English or German. Hard copies are not required until after acceptance into the program.
- Two letters of reference (in English or German, or a certified/notarized translation into English or German), of which at least one should come from the applicant's current or last employer. The second can be issued by an academic referee or a former employer. Applicants who undergo an annual performance evaluation by their employer can replace one of the reference letters with this document. Reference letters should be on official letterhead (if applicable) and include an original signature. The Hertie School may decide to contact the referee(s) to confirm the authenticity of the issued document(s).
Reference letters can also be sent to the admissions team by the referee directly, either as an email attachment to empa-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org, or via regular mail to:
Recruitment and Admissions
10117 Berlin - Germany
- An English proficiency certificate (for non-native English speakers, if applicable).
For more information please check theCourse Website