Executive Master of Public Administration
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in any discipline (typically, Executive MPA participants have a background in business/economics, law, social science, or natural sciences).
Minimum standard period of study: 3-4 years.
Required ECTS credits: 240.
At least two years of relevant work experience (average is nine years).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Grades A, B, or C.
Specification: Grades A or B.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please upload the required supporting documents in .pdf format to the online application portal:
- Your curriculum vitae (in English or German).
- A letter of motivation (in English or German, preferably in English – two pages or 900 words maximum).
- Copies of official academic transcripts and diplomas of all attended universities. Every transcript must include a transcript key (an explanation of the grading system). If these documents are not in English or German, the applicant needs to provide us with a certified or notarized translation into English or German. Hard copies are not required until after acceptance into the program.
- Two letters of reference (in English or German, else a certified or notarized translation into English or German), of which at least one should come from the applicant’s current or last employer. The second can be issued by an academic referee or a former employer. Applicants who undergo an annual performance evaluation by their employer can replace one of the reference letters with this document. The Hertie School may decide to contact the referee(s) to confirm the authenticity of the issued document(s).
- Letters of reference can also be sent to the admissions team by the referee directly, either as an email attachment to empa-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org or via regular mail to:
Hertie School, Recruitment and Admissions
- Letters of reference should be on official letterhead (if applicable) and include an original signature. Contact details of all referees should be listed in the "References" section of the online application portal. Letters of reference can also be handed in after the application deadline.
- An English proficiency certificate (for non-native English speakers, see language requirements).
For more information please check theCourse Website