FACT (Finance, Accounting, Controlling and Taxation)
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Winter semester
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Economics or Legal Studies.
Required ECTS credits: 210. Students who have gained less than 210 ECTS in their first degree must acquire the missing credits by completing an internship. This extends the regular period of study from three to four semesters.
Proof that at least two subjects from the four relevant fields of Finance, Accounting, Controlling, and Taxation have been completed in the previous degree program with at least 20 ECTS in total.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least 170 points.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
To complete your application, please include:
- University degree (in case you haven't received your bachelor certificate until the application deadline has passed, please enclose a transcript of records and a letter from your university stating when you will receive the final certificate and stating your overall average grade from your studies so far).
- Transcript of record (please mark required relevant modules with grades and credit points).
- GMAT with a score of 600 or above only if included in the study-specific requirements.
Mandatory only for applicants who made their first degree in a country that is not a member of the EU/EEA and applying for International Business and Consulting or International Marketing Management (English).
Applicants for International Finance, Accounting and Controlling, Global Supply Chain and Operations Management and Marketing Management (German/English) can improve their range in the ranking by handing in a GMAT voluntarily.
For all other programs, a GMAT only serves as English proof. GMAT documents of up to five years old are accepted. In case you do not have the result of your GMAT before the application deadline of May 30th, you need to send the registration for the test as provisional proof of your GMAT to uni-assist with your application. In these cases, the final result will need to be sent to HWR until June 30th. Otherwise, your application cannot be considered.
- Proof of English proficiency (see language requirements).
- Motivation letter (in English, not more than one page).
- Curriculum Vitae (in English).
- University entrance qualification/school-leaving certificate e.g. high school diploma, matura, international baccalaureate (simple copy, only for statistical reasons).
A photocopy of your passport and also a certificate of birth is not required for the application.
- A formally certified and stamped photocopy of all diplomas, degrees or certificates must be attached to your application.
- Please do not send any original documents.
- Certified copies are copies with an original stamp on it.
- Color copies, scans or simple copies are no certified copies.
Accepted authentication bodies are:
- German Embassy or Consulate.
- Notary from Germany or an EU country.
- Public authorities and institutions in Germany.
- Authorities from an EU country.
- The institution that issued your original certificate (the stamp on the certificate and on the authentication must be identical).
- Certificates not issued in German or English must be translated into German or English. Translations must be formally certified and submitted in the original.
- Additionally, a certified copy of your original Diploma/Bachelor is needed.
- The (e-mail) address you have provided with is the address that is going to be used in order to contact you. Please make sure you notify the university of a change of address as soon as possible. A missed deadline that might emanate from a failure to do so is your responsibility.
- HWR Berlin only processes applications that have been completed accurately and signed. The application can only be considered if Uni Assist receives all documents before the closing date and certified copies of all those certificates that are required are attached. It is recommended to apply early, at least six weeks before the deadline expires. Applications that are sent by e-mail or fax will not be processed.
- Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian Applicants need to submit an APS certificate (available at the Akademische Prüfstelle (APS) in the German Embassy in Beijing, Hanoi, Ulan Bator).
For more information please check theCourse Website