- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in mathematics or in another quantitative and mathematically-orientated discipline from a recognized university. Applicants with a degree in physics, engineering or computer science are usually eligible. A degree in economics can be sufficient provided that you have successfully taken a significant number of courses in mathematics and statistics. A degree in business, commerce or accounting is usually not sufficient for admission because typical programs in these fields do not contain the amount of training in mathematics and statistics that is required for the MSc Finance. Please note that mathematics courses outside university (e.g. secondary school) cannot be considered as a surrogate for missing qualifications at the Bachelor's level.
The courses in financial mathematics and mathematics are on the level of mathematics programs. Applicants should thus have a genuine interest in mathematics. If you are in doubt as to whether you meet the requirements, you can send Ulm University an e-mail with your transcript of records for a preliminary check.
Minimum number of semesters: 6 semestеrs.
Applicants must have performed above average in the completed degreе.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
Important documents that you will need for the application:
- Certificate of your bachelor's degree (or other degree qualifying you for the master's) including a transcript of records. If you have not yet completed the degree but expect it to complete before the program starts, it is also possible to apply with a preliminary transcript of records. You can get admission based on the transcript of records, and hand in the final certificate later on.
- Grading system of your studies indicating the minimum grade required for passing the bachelor's degree as well as the highest grade possible. If this information is not given in the degree certificate/transcript, it must be provided separately in an official document or letter.
- Certified translations of documents that were not issued in German/English.
- Proof of English language knowledge (see language requirements). Not needed by applicants who have completed a bachelor's degree taught in English or whose mother tongue is English. As with the degree certificate, you can hand in the test results by the time of your enrolment in Ulm.
- A letter of motivation of approximately one-page length and not more than two pages long in which you briefly describe your motivation and expectations for studying in the Master in Finance program.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) - maximum 2 pages long. Your CV should contain information about your academic education, prior work experience, and a publication list, if applicable.
- Other information (e.g. letters of reference) can be added but they are not requirеd.
For more information please check theCourse Website