- Winter semester
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in forestry or environmental science program.
Technical requirements in general: 50 ECTS from the areas of natural sciences and forestry sciences, social and economic sciences and quantitative methods.
Additionally technical requirements for the different elective tracks:
- Forstwirtschaft (German track): 25 ECTS of forest sciences and management of natural resources.
- International forestry (English track): 25 ECTS of forestry sciences and management of natural resources.
- Wildlife and biodiversity (English track): 25 ECTS of ecological and population ecology basics.
An average grade of at least 2.9.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Only pure online applications are accepted.
Applications by email or post will not be considered. Application documents will not be returned, neither with approval nor rejection.
The uploaded documents are used for assessment and form the basis for the decision of your application. The uploaded documents should, therefore (largely) match the original.
All documents must be presented when enrolling in the original or as a certified copy.
The following documents are part of a complete application:
- Signed confirmation form: the confirmation form is available for download during the online application. The form confirms that all information has been provided completely and truthfully and that the application was carried out independently. It is also pointed out that incorrect information can lead to the revocation of enrollment.
- Motivation letter: in the motivation letter you are explaining why you have chosen the master program and a specific elective track. Please write the motivation letter in English if you apply for an English taught elective track and in German, if you apply for a German taught elective track.
- Curriculum vitae (in table form).
- Bachelor certificate: or your first university degree certificate (in German or English). If you don't have a certificate yet, you have the following options:
- You have already completed your studies, but the certificate has not yet been issued: confirmation from the university that you have completed your studies, with the overall grade. The original or certified copy of the certificate must be presented at the time of enrolment.
- You have not finished your studies yet: in this case, you can only apply if you have achieved at least 150 ECTS points at the application deadline.
Instead, please upload the following documents:
Current average score (calculated by the Examination Office).
If the bachelor's thesis has not yet been graded or submitted, confirmation of delivery or registration is required.
- Current transcript of records: of your first university degree. Make sure it proves that at least 150 ECTS are already achieved. "Student versions" of the transcript are accepted since the original needs to be submitted for the enrolment.
- Language certificate (see language requirements).
- If available, certificates of vocational education, practical experiences, and stays abroad: certificates of vocational education, practical experiences (longer than 3 months), and stays abroad (longer than 6 months) as a copy.
- If needed, APS certificate: only applicants from China, Vietnam, and Mongolia (proof of authenticity of certificates).
For more information please check theCourse Website