Game Development and Research
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
- Registration Fee & Tuition Information:
- One-time fee of 200 Euro upon enrollment (for EU and non-EU citizens).
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Proof of special study-related suitability for the “Game Development and Research” degree program.
Proof of practical activity of at least twelve months’ duration relevant to the course of study after completion of the first university degree. This practice time should be completed completely up to the Studienbeinn, can be acquired however cumulatively. The period, in which it was acquired, should lie in the last five years before the application time. Exceptions such as an extension of the timeframe may be approved upon request.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please be aware that CGL does not check the formal validity of your documents. International applicants have to submit their documents to the validation agency Uni-Assist parallel to the CGL application procedure.
All application documents must be submitted to Uni-Assist as officially certified copies. If your documents are issued in a language other than English or German, you are required to submit a German or English language translation from a state-certified translator.
Please send the following application documents by post to uni-assist in Berlin:
- Please write down your uni-assist applicant number (for example on your copy of your passport).
- Officially certified copy of the secondary school leaving certificate and - if applicable - the university entrance examination (original language and translation if necessary).
- If applicable: officially certified copy of the course achievements and upon completion of the course, your final certificate (original language and translation if necessary).
- If you have completed a preparatory course: officially certified copy of the assessment test certificate.
- Applicants with certificates from China, Mongolia (until 2018), and Vietnam: original GSP certificate.
- Officially certified copy of your proof of sufficient knowledge of German (not required for English-language courses, instead, proof of English knowledge).
- Tabular CV.
- Copy of your passport - page with personal data.
- If the name changes: a copy of the certificate (for example, through a marriage certificate).
The admission requirements, in particular the study-related artistic-scientific aptitude, are examined within the framework of the so-called assessment procedure. This procedure consists of:
- The written submission of all necessary evidence.
- A detailed justification for the choice of the degree program.
- The preparation of a term paper. This is a detailed project outline of a hypothetical project that the applicant would like to implement during his studies at the Cologne Game Lab.
- A colloquium on-site or, in the case of a very long journey from abroad or for other understandable reasons, alternatively in the form of a video interview. Only those applicants will be invited to this interview who have demonstrated their basic suitability in the first step.
For more information please check theCourse Website