- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Qualifications are deemed to be relevant if they demonstrate language skills of at least 30 ECTS points. Applicants who demonstrate skills in the field of linguistics with at least 12 but less than 30 ECTS points in their qualifying degree or in a supplementary voluntary additional course are admitted to the course with the condition that one or several modules in the scope of up to 18 ECTS points from the subject-related module offerings in the minor subject "General linguistics" must be demonstrated by the end of the second subject semester at the latest.
An overall grade of at least "good" (2.5).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
- Application form: printed out and signed.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Higher education entry qualification (certified copy needed).
- University entry exam (China, Colombia, Iran, Korea, Turkey only; certified copy needed).
- Final/provisional degree certificate & complete transcript of records (certified copies needed). Please note that at least a provisional certificate must be provided for the application.
- English language certificate (see language requirements).
- If applicable: change of name (certified copy needed).
- Passport copy.
- Scholarship (DAAD, BAYHOST).
- Letter of attorney, if someone does the application process on your behalf.
Special requirements for specific countries:
- China: original APS Certificate from the Academic Testing Centre in Beijing.
- Georgia: all transcripts must bear an official apostille.
- Iran: copies of transcripts officially authenticated by the German embassy in Tehran. Legalization can be necessary if demanded by the academic registrar.
- Mongolia: original APS Certificate from the Academic Testing Centre in Ulan Bator.
- Vietnam: original APS Certificate from the Academic Testing Centre in Hanoi.
For more information please check theCourse Website