Geobiology and Palaeobiology
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in geology, biology, physical geography or a related subject completed before the start of the master's program and (in case of international students) recognized by the LMU as equivalent to a German bachelor's degree.
Fundamental knowledge in geobiology, paleobiology or related fields such as geology and biology.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With grade A or B.
Specification: No part less than 5.0 points.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
- CV in English including contact details (address, telephone, email).
- Certified copy of your B.Sc. degree (either in geology, biology, physical geography or a related subject). If the B.Sc. is not finished at the time of application, provide a transcript of records of at least 150 ETCS (in English or German). The transcript of records (in English or German) must include an explanation of your university's grading system (highest/lowest possible mark). The copy of the B.Sc. degree has to be delivered as soon as possible.
- Essay of 750 - 1.000 words in English in which your motivation, your scientific background and your competencies for participating in the master's program is explained in detail. Consider this letter as the most important documents of the application procedure. This motivation letter has to be written by the applicant himself, unaided, with all necessary references being cited correctly. Plagiarism will result in the rejection of the application.
- Proof of English and German language proficiency (see language requirements).
The originals of the same documents have to be presented at the time of actual enrolment.
For more information please check theCourse Website