Geoinformatics and Spatial Data Science
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
The MSc Geoinformatics in Münster is a consecutive study program that is based on the completion of a suitable BSc study program (e.g., Geoinformatics, Computer Science, Geodesy). It has a strong focus on software development and algorithmic processing of geospatial data. Therefore, an important basic requirement for admission is a bachelor's degree in a study program that includes a minimum of 80 credit points (ECTS) of courses that impart at least 4 of the following competencies:
- mathematics - linear algebra and analysis,
- algorithms and data structures,
- software engineering,
- architectures and methods for the distributed storage and processing of (spatial) information,
- acquisition and statistical analysis of spatiotemporal data,
- application of information technologies for solving geoscientific research questions.
A preliminary transcript of records of at least 150 ECTS credit points is sufficient for the application. At the time of admission, you must have completed the bachelor's degree.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
- Proof of general or relevant subject-related university entrance qualification.
- Proof of the existence of a first professional qualification. If no final certificate is available at the time of application, a provisional certificate must be submitted, in which at least the grades of the first five semesters (at least 150 credit points) have been received. If no provisional certificate is issued by the university, the transcript of records is sufficient for the time being. The proof must be available at least as a certified copy. The final certificate must be presented upon enrollment in the event of admission.
- Proof of sufficient language skills (see language requirements).
- CV in EU format.
- Evidence of coursework and examinations completed (e.g. Transcript of Records).
- Letter of motivation for participating in the master's program.
- At least 2 letters of reference.
- Certified copy of ID card.
- Passport photo.
- If necessary, further documents in which the suitability and motivation for the desired course of study are presented (e.g. references, proof of internships or other relevant additional qualifications).
- If necessary, documents that prove the existence of a special hardship situation.
- Applicants from China and Mongolia need to provide an APS.
For more information please check theCourse Website