- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a subject-related course of study.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
A relevant subject is a study in the geoinformatics course at a German or foreign university. Degrees in other geospatial courses with a mathematical information science basis (e.g. computer science, geodesy, surveying, geosciences) are relevant if at least 120 credit points have been acquired within their framework that is equivalent to the credit points of the course bachelor of science "Geoinformatics" at the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität.
The prerequisite for equivalence is given if competencies have been successfully acquired in the following areas:
- Mathematical competencies in linear algebra and analysis.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases and common database systems.
- Knowledge of software engineering and the ability to do so to apply to the development of geosoftware.
- Knowledge of architectures and methods for the distributed storage and processing of geospatial information.
- Competence in the acquisition and statistical analysis of Spatio-temporal data.
- Competence in the application of geospatial information technology for solving geoscientific questions.
- Acquisition and statistical analysis of Spatio-temporal data.
An applicant does not have access to the master's program in geoinformatics if he/she has finally failed an examination from the geoinformatics course or a comparable course. An applicant has no access to the master's program in geoinformatics if he/she has finally failed an examination as part of an additional module in the bachelor's program in geoinformatics and the module was one that was required to study in the master's program is or a compulsory elective module, in its place no other module can be successfully completed.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please make sure to be able to submit certified copies of the following documents on very short notice:
- Bachelor diploma and transcript.
- Master diploma and transcript (if applicable).
The university will ask you to provide the before-mentioned documents in case the evaluation of your online applications shows that you can be admitted to the program. No official acceptance letter can be issued before having received those certified documents.
Additional information for applicants from P.R. China and Mongolia: applicants with Chinese diplomas need a certificate of the Academic Evaluation Centre (Akademische Prüfstelle - APS) at the German Embassy Beijing.
For more information please check theCourse Website