- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in Geology, Earth Sciences, Geosciences, Mineralogy, Environmental Sciences, Natural Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, Biology).
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
Including courses with a total of 40 ECTS points in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Earth Sciencеs.
A grade point average of at lеast 2.7.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
The application for admission must be made on the form provided by the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität. The application form must be filled in completely and signed. The following documents must be enclosed with the application for admission:
- An officially certified copy of the certificate of the first university degree.
- A meaningful overview of all study and examination achievements of the first university degree in an officially certified copy.
- Approved proof of sufficient language skills in a certified copy.
- If applicable, copies of proof of completed vocational training, a practical job, or a stay abroad.
- A tabular curriculum vitae in English.
- A letter of motivation (statement of intent) in the length of a maximum of two A4 pages in English, in which the applicant gives personal motives for starting a course in the master program course at the Albert Ludwigs University.
- A declaration, signed by the applicant in German or English, that the applicant has prepared the letter of motivation without outside help and identified the content taken from external sources as such.
- A hand-signed declaration by the applicant in German or English indicating that the applicant has not failed an examination in a master's program in geology or has lost the right to an examination.
If the documents required are not written in German, English or French, an officially certified translation in German or English is required.
If, at the time of the application deadline the applicant has already completed the bachelor's degree program but is not yet able to submit a copy of the certificate, the applicant must present a confirmation from the university that this course of study was completed indicating the overall grade, as well as a performance overview with details of individual grades and ECTS points earned. The officially certified copy of the certificate of the first university degree must be submitted to the selection committee without delay, but at the latest when enrolling.
If the applicant has not completed the university studies by the application deadline, the applicant must provide proof of the acquisition of at least 135 ECTS points and a confirmation from the university about the grading of the thesis or alternatively about the submission or at least the registration of the thesis. The officially certified copy of the certificate of the first university degree must be submitted to the selection committee immediately, but at the latest when enrolling.
The application documents required must be submitted to the selection committee for the master's program in geology on time:
Faculty of Environment and Natural Resources
Tennenbacher Straße 4
At the request of the selection committee, the originals of the certificates and evidence mentioned are to be presentеd.
For more information please check theCourse Website