- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: October
- Summer Semester: April
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in geosciences or a related degree.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Those who have not yet completed their studies at the time of application but have acquired at least 150 credit points in a relevant bachelor's degree or an equivalent degree are provisionally entitled to access.
The selection committee makes the decision as to whether a previous course of study is relevant. Proof of at least the following achievements is a prerequisite for the technical relevance of the previous studies:
- Achievements in the fields of geosciences, geography, resource management, and natural sciences totaling at least 120 credit points, including achievements in the field of geosciences totaling at least 50 credit points, or
- Achievements from a natural sciences degree, a degree in science-oriented engineering, or a subject closely related subject totaling at least 120 credits, including achievements in geosciences, hydrogeology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics totaling at least 50 credits.
If fewer people apply who meet all the admission requirements than there are places available, the selection committee can make the determination of subject relevance dependent on the achievements that have not yet been completed being made up within two semesters; in this case, the determination of the technical relevance and the admission are subject to a condition subsequent until proof of the missing achievements, which must be received within two semesters of enrollment at the university (exclusion period). If the proof of the missing achievements is not submitted in time, the determination of the technical relevance and a notification of admission based on it become ineffective. The determination of the technical relevance is excluded if the scope of the achievements, which have not yet been rendered, amounts to more than 15 credit points.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: At least 160 points.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
Application Procedure & Selection
- Application form (will be activated from April 15th).
- Certified copy of the diploma.
- Certified copy of the completed examinations (Transcript of Records).
- If the final certificate is not yet available, at least 150 ECTS credits must be proven. In addition to the individual module examinations, this proof must also show a previous overall grade point average. The final certificate must be submitted by November 15th (WiSe) or May 15th (SoSe) at the latest, otherwise, your provisional enrollment in the Master’s program will be canceled again.
- If the originals are not in English or German, we need a certified German or English translation of your degree certificate.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A tabular curriculum vitae with a meaningful description of the educational path.
- A statement as to whether you have successfully, unsuccessfully, or not yet completed a closely related master’s degree (if applicable, stating the degree program(s) and the place of study(s)).
- Evidence (employment/internship certificates) of relevant professional or practical experience in the form of professional activity or professional internships.
- Proof of English language skills (see language requirements). Proof of German language skills is not required for very good English language skills.
- Proof of German language skills (see language requirements).
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 pages).
The application phase for the winter semester starts on April 15th. Please do not submit any documents beforehand.
Applications that are not complete, in the correct form, or by the deadline are excluded from further processing.
The submitted documents remain with the university.
For more information please check theCourse Website