Geosciences: Palaeobiology (Major subject) and Earth Systems Research Lab (Minor subject)
- Winter semester
- directly at University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in geology, mineralogy, and paleontology. As a related degree, particular degrees in natural science or technical courses of study with a geoscientific component, including individual subject specializations in the field of geosciences, amounting to at least 120 ECTS points are recognized. The minimum amount of ECTS credits to be verified in case of a not yet completed bachelor's program is 140 ECTS credits.
An average grade of 2.5 is required for entry for home students. International students are reviewed by individual cases. Applicants with an overall grade of the degree between 2.51 and, in the worst case, 3.5 will be invited to an oral entrance examination.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
The application requires:
- School leaving certificates (Abitur, A Levels, IB, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree certificate or a transcript of records.
- Letter of motivation (not required for the Master’s in GeoThermics/GeoEnergy), containing information on the following topics:
- Previous education (in particular, geoscience education).
- What are your expectations and aspirations for the program.
- Choices of first and second major subjects.
the University has other campuses --> Tab "University"
For more information please check theCourse Website