Geospatial Technologies [Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Program]
- Start Dates
- Winter Semester: September
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in relevant degrees in application areas of geographic information, e.g., geography, ecology, urban, regional and environmental planning, logistics/transportation, energy provision, surveying, agriculture, forestry, and related. The university also particularly welcomes students with a degree in computer science. Within previous studies or professional experience, it is expected that applicants have acquired basic IT/GI skills already. In case of uncertainty, the Examination board or Masters's Program coordinator decides about the relevance of the previous degree.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
Required ECTS credits: 180.
Possible exception for applications of self-funded students: On the basis of an individual evaluation – 150 credit points of a bachelor's degree can be accepted for preliminary approval if the bachelor's diploma is provided at the time of enrolment.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: 6 in each band.
Specification: 15 in each sub-category.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in September)
Application Procedure & Selection
Required documents to upload throughout the application process are:
- Online application form (see online application system).
- Bachelor's diploma AND the transcript of records in the original language.
- If the Bachelor documents are not in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, or French, please also provide an officially translated version in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, or French.
- If applicable: Master's diploma AND the transcript of records in the original language.
- If applicable: If the master's documents are not in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, or French, please also provide an officially translated version in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, or French.
- Proof of English level (see language requirements).
- European format CV (see template) – especially for the last 5.5 years, the CV has to list all activities and dates in terms of month/year without any gaps. Gaps in the CV might lead to the ineligibility of an application. All activities and dates of at least the last 5.5 years have to be proven by corresponding documents/confirmations.
- Passport photo.
- Proof of nationality (passport or national identification card).
- If applicable: If the country of residence within 6 months before the application does not correspond to the nationality, in case of dual nationality, or when the place of residence might be unclear, please document your residence by the appropriate documentation:
- A residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate’s municipality's normal registration rules, or
- A certificate from the candidate’s place of work, study, or training issued by the employer or institution in question that includes the name, date, and postal address of the applicant.
Recommendation letters, minimum two. Applicants will include in their application form the contact details of at least two recommenders who will be contacted through the university system to upload a letter of recommendation. The deadline for recommenders to submit the recommendation letters is January 15th, it is recommended for applicants contact their recommenders in advance to make sure the contact details (email) are correct and the recommender is willing to upload a recommendation letter for the applicant.
A Skype interview might be requested of the candidate in order to clarify any part of the delivered documents. If this is the case, you will be contacted by email to set a date. If you are not contacted, no Skype interview is requested from you.
For more information please check theCourse Website