German and English Linguistics
- Both semesters
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- students from Non-EU Countries: uni-assiststudents from All other options: directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a philological study with a linguistic component is required. Modern language philologies with a linguistic component are considered to be technically suitable. Equivalence is determined in accordance with the evaluation proposals of the Central Office for Foreign Education at the Secretariat of the Conference of Ministers of Education. The decision as to whether the previous course is technically suitable is made by the body responsible for this in accordance with the examination regulations; the determination can be accompanied by a secondary provision to make up for missing modules within two semesters.
If the degree is not yet available at the time of application, it is necessary that 83.33% of the total required achievements have been successfully completed (i.e. there are at least 150 credit points). If applicants are unable to provide proof of the required 150 CP by July 15th of the year (for the following winter semester) or until January 15th of the year (for the following summer semester), the examination board decides in individual cases on admission subject to conditions and proof of the required credit points by September 15th of the year (for the following winter semester) or until March 15th of the year (for the following summer semester).
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
For a proper application, the following documents are required:
- The fully completed application for the degree program (online), which must also be printed out and signed, including the necessary documents, sent to the I-Office by post.
- A certified copy of your completed university degree (if necessary a preliminary confirmation) or proof of 150 credit points.
- If applicable, language certificates German (C 1) and/or English (B 2). For details see language requirements.
- A two-to-three page curriculum vitae (curriculum vitae) (in German or English).
Applications from China and Vietnam:
It is essential for Chinese (except Macao and Hong Kong) and Vietnamese applicants who completed their bachelor's degree in their home country to submit a scan of an original individual APS certificate with their application.
APS checks the applicant's qualification for admission to higher education and the academic credits of applicants wishing to study in Germany. A group APS will not be accepted.
For more information please check theCourse Website