- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University (incl. VPD from uni-assist)
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in economics.
Required ECTS credits: 210.
It is possible to apply for the GBU master’s degree with less than 210 ECTS; however, proof of compensation for the missing 30 ECTS has to be provided no later than the end of the application period by means of:
- proof of practical experience outside the degree course which corresponds to the practical semester of a bachelor’s degree in economics a business-related subject in terms of content and scope, or
- proof of practical or theoretical study and examinations taken at a German or foreign university in addition to the student’s first degree which corresponds in content and scope to the demands of a bachelor's degree in economics or commercial sciences.
NOTE: Please note that where documents are submitted to show evidence of practical professional experience or either practical or theoretical achievements worth 30 ECTS – in addition to a bachelor’s degree – the documents must clearly indicate that the 30 ECTS were obtained over and above the bachelor's degree program. Confirmation can be provided by the university showing that the ECTS/internship were not counted towards the first degree. The duration of the practical professional experience gained outside the first degree should be equivalent to 20 weeks of full-time work. Furthermore, the internship reference must be submitted in an officially certified form together with the other application documents.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
Master applicants with relevant preliminary studies outside of Germany need a VPD from uni-assist and must apply with it in the PRIMUSS applicant portal of THI.
Documents that need to be submitted to uni-assist:
- Copy of bachelor's degree certificate including a complete transcript of records and diploma supplement (the latter if available).
- Copy of current transcript of records in case studies are not completed yet (important: the transcript has to be up-to-date, or otherwise audit can be rejected).
- CV (illustration of education - school career).
- Copy of personal ID or passport.
- Proof of a name change (e.g. copy of the marriage certificate) if the proof of education is not issued in the current name.
- APS certificate (in case the bachelor's degree was absolved in China, Mongolia, or Vietnam).
You can also find information on the necessary documents on the homepage of uni-assist at application documents, as well as information on certification and, if necessary, translation.
Proof of language knowledge does NOT have to be sent to uni-assist.
For more information please check theCourse Website