Global Political Economy and Development
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree in social sciences, political science, economics, law or a related field.
Minimum standard period of study: 6 semesters.
The bachelor's degree profile must indicate:
- Good knowledge of political science or economics.
- Basic knowledge of sociology, political science, and economics.
At least one year of volunteer and/or work experience in the social sciences (e.g. politics, university policy, policy-oriented civil society organizations).
A minimum cumulative grade of "good" or "upper second-class honors", or an equivalent to 2.5 according to the German grading system.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: Listening: 490; Reading: 455.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
€ 75 for the first application, € 30 for each additional
Print out and sign the application form and send it to uni-assist attaching the following documents:
- Statement of objectives/motivation letter for studying GPE (in English) covering at minimum your academic background in the field, your career plans, your social-political experience, and your interest in "Global political economy" (3 pages max.).
- Proof of one year of voluntary or paid practical social-political work (for example, in party politics, university politics, or policy-oriented civil society organizations). You can prove your practical social-political work experience for example by submitting a certificate of participation in a project of a social-political organization or a formal letter from your (former or current) employer or supervisor that specifies the duration of your work and your duties.
- Curriculum vitae.
- All certificates proving the required command of the English language (see language requirements).
- Official authentications of the following documents:
- Your certificates of studies and completion of studies listing all subjects and grades in the original language.
- Your secondary school leaving certificate in its original language, including a listing of all subjects and grades.
- Your university entrance examination certificate listing all subjects and grades in its original language.
- Translation of your documents, if the language of the mentioned certificates is not German or English. You are advised to contact the embassy or consulate of the Federal Republic of Germany on this matter.
- Applicants from China, Mongolia, and Vietnam have to provide a successful APS test for their application to be considered.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Therefore, make sure to hand in all of the above-mentioned documents on time to uni-assist.
Pay the application fee to uni-assist.
Your application will not be processed until you have handed in all the required documents and have paid the application fee. The sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be processed.
You will have to cover the application fee even if your application does not meet the requirements set out. The university offers a preliminary assessment of application documents in order to establish if there is a chance that an application will be rejected. However, this assessment is not legally binding. Your application will still be evaluated by uni-assist and the University of Kassel.
For more information please check theCourse Website