Global Studies - A European Perspective [Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Program]
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- local admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in social sciences or humanities with a minimum of 15% global studies relevant courses.
Minimum standard period of study: 3 years.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Specification: With grades A to B.
Specification: With grades A to C.
Application & Admission
Login or Sign-up (for free) to:
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
Application Procedure & Selection
The application process will be two-fold and is comprised by filling in the online registration form AND by posting the listed documents. Only applications of applicants who have filled in the online registration form and whose documents are received within the given deadlines will be taken into consideration for admission/the Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
- Print out of the online registration form. In the online registration, the following information will be requested: your home address, your date, and place of birth, your e-mail address, your preferred mobility track (preference since final decision on the study places is made by the consortium), information on your high school and university education.
- A curriculum vitae in English (you may e.g. use the Europass CV as a template).
- Motivation letter in English which explains why you are interested in this particular master course (1-2 pages). In case you do have a preference for your mobility track please specify in the motivation letter why you would like to study at the respective universities.
- Proof of nationality (e.g. copy of passport).
- Proof of residence (only applicable for applicants who would like to apply for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship). According to the rules set by the EU, this proof can be either provided in form of a residence certificate issued by the candidate's municipality OR a certificate from the candidate's place of work, study or training issued by the respective institution. The document must have been issued within 12 months before the submission deadline of applying for the scholarship, i.e. for the 2020 application round after February 15th, 2019.
- A certified copy or original hard copy (AND certified translation if the document is not issued in English or German) of high school leaving certificate (secondary school diploma).
- A certified copy or original hard copy (AND certified translation if the document is not issued in English or German) of an official transcript of high school results from your high school.
- A certified copy or original hard copy (AND certified translation if the document is not issued in English or German) of university diplomas (if you graduate after the application deadline please send the degree as soon as you receive it, the decision on the admission will, in this case, be made on the grades indicated on the transcript of records. Please note that in case of admission, a copy of your certified bachelor's degree certificate will be needed in August in order to be able to enroll you).
- A certified copy or original hard copy (AND certified translation if the document is not issued in English or German) of the official transcript of study results from your university.
- A certified copy or original hard copy of English test results (see language requirements).
- Proof for knowledge of a further foreign language (see language requirements).
- One original recommendation letter by an academic teacher (in a separate closed envelope, signed by the person recommending the candidate and on official letterhead or with the institutional stamp) including the reference's name and e-mail address.
- If applicable: proof of extra-curricular activities and work experience (e.g. copies of employment certificates).
Please try to avoid the use of plastic/paper files and staples. All applications are in English and in PAPER.
As indicated above, some documents must be included as certified copies and certified translations in English (or German) AND in the original language. Documents issued in English or German must be included as certified copies only.
Applicants who earned their university degrees in China are requested to submit an additional certificate from 'Akademische Prüfungsstelle Peking' (APS).
For more information please check theCourse Website