Global Urban Health
- Winter semester
- Mode of admission:
- without admission restriction
- directly at the University
- Study mode:
- On campus
Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) from a relevant field (see below).
Minimum standard period of study: 4 years.
The master program follows an interdisciplinary approach and addresses professionals from different backgrounds such as medicine, public health, social sciences, health economics, urban planning, psychology, political science and anthropology among others.
Working experience in a relevant field.
The following certificates are recognised as proof of your language proficience.
Application & Admission
- → request information packages
- → see your personal application deadline & tuition fee
(starting in October)
(starting in April)
Application Procedure & Selection
Please arrange the documents in the following order.
- Page 1 to 5 of the application form with a pass photo on page 1 in the upper right-hand corner Please use as name of the pdf: 01_Lastname_Application_form_MScGUH.pdf.
- Typed curriculum vitae for instance in Europass Format. Please give dates as dd/mm/yyyy (e.g. 31/12/2015). Please use as the name of the pdf: 02_Lastname_CV.pdf
- Motivation letter explaining your personal motivation and future plans regarding this course answering the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in training in Global Urban Health?
2. What do you expect from this course and how do you plan to use the acquired knowledge in the future? What is your career perspective? (1 page). Please use as the name of the pdf: 04_Lastname_Motivation.pdf
- A scanned copy of all diplomas awarding relevant university degrees as PDF (originals will have to be presented upon matriculation). Please use as the name of the pdf: 03_Lastname_1_Degree_Diploma.pdf
- A scanned copy of all official academic transcripts as PDF (originals will have to be presented upon matriculation).
- Please make sure to enclose the grading system of your transcript.
- German medical doctors: please send "Zeugnis über die Ärztliche Prüfung".
Please use as the name of the pdf: 03_Lastname_1_Degree_Transcript.pdf
- A scanned copy of your High School certificate. If you have several diplomas awarding relevant university degrees please arrange them in the following order:
If items No. 4 – 6 were issued in languages other than English or German please provide copies of the original and translations by a certified translator.
- Proof of proficiency in English (see language requirements). Please use as the name of the pdf: 05_Lastname_English.pdf
- Course fees: please be aware that the tuition fees are €12 000. Funding situation (in case you are self-financed) please submit proof by bank statement that you have enough funds to start your studies (minimum 5000 EUR) make sure that the currency is mentioned on the statement. If you are sponsored by your employer or were awarded a scholarship, please enclose a copy of the official notification. If a private person sponsors you, please send a proof by his/her bank statement and a signed confirmation letter.
Name of the pdf: 08_Lastname_Funding.pdf
- One scanned copies of your passport (only the page with the picture and your name).
Name of the pdf: 09_Lastname_passport.pdf
- If you already have a student visa, please send a copy.
- If you have already studied in Germany: de-registration certificate "Exmatrikulationsbescheinigung der Universität".
- For students from the EU (European Union) only: if you already have sufficient health insurance, please send proof.
- If you have changed your name since your degree, please send official proof.
Name of optional document pdfs:
For more information please check theCourse Website